Seligor's Castle. The home of Seligor, Diddilydeedot, Dodie, and Dr. Do-Diddily and the Dee-Dot's.

Seligor's Castle is where Seligor, Dr. Do-Diddily and the Dee-Dot's,
Diddilydeedot in Dreamland,
and Dodie's Dream World all work on their websites.
They are all within the children range, though Dodie's does have a lot more classical stuff on it and the little ones might find it a bit boring.
I have just opened a couple of wee nursery pages though just in case you have one on your knee, :)

Each site has it's own home page and index, and I have been very careful not to repeat to many rhymes etc, though Toby and Tilly are in both the Castle and Dreamland and now Diddilydeedot around the world. I have mad up most of the play lists from YouTube and google. But please always check these as sometimes you get the odd person who thinks its smart to change the content. I have looked through almost 7,000 videos on you tube alone, so you can imagine how many there are.
Many of the stories, myths tales, rhymes come from books well past their hundredth birthday. I have always collected old books and up until recently sold many on Amazon. But now I use all my spare time on the websites and blogging sites.
Then there are songs to sing, many, many new rhymes to learn and pass on to the future generations.
I have been on line over fours year now and also have my Zoomshare, Wordpress, Delicious, Twitter and Facebook. Best wishes xxx Seligor

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sorry this is another addition to Dodies World, be with you on Tuesday I hope. xxx Seli xxx


This seems a dreadful way to start my new Philippines web page, but as you all know me well by now, I do not hide truths and I very rarely if ever have told a lie. This sad poem was written by my friend Willowdown, whom I'm sure you have all met on his "Classic Willowdown" web page further up Dodie's World, Homepage one I think.
I will not be continuing in this fain but I do despair at the thought of children dying for lack of adult care.
Enough I am to bed , doctors in the morning, so see you all tomorrow afternoon.

The Beggar Girl

A young child stands on a busy pavement outside the market, a tin cup in her hand as the hectic crowd parts and streams round her. She may as well be an inanimate stone in a fast rushing river - but she is not, she is a small little girle, withdrawn and shrunken into herself, confused, lost and traumatised by the noise and swarming bustle her mother has left her in.
The life of a beggar starts young, and she has not yet learned the rules.
A few yards down the street , on another invisible island of dirty pavement, an older girl lays on her stomach tickling her naked four month old brother, her tin-can momentarily forgotten in a moment of sisterly affection.
A foreign tourist passes by arm in arm with his local prostitute "girl-friend" and drops a coin into her cup. At the end of the day, the working mothers will come to collect their children...

A short time in the life of a child in Manila.

Willow© 1997

No comments: